Peter Lynch ran the Fidelity Magellan Fund between 1977 and 2000. During that time, the fund was up an impressive 2700%!
Lynch appeared on a TV commercial telling us how easy it is to be an investor.
“Everyone can do well in the stock market,” he said. “You have the skills, you have the intelligence, it doesn’t require any education. All you have to have is patience, do a little research, and you’ve got it.”
Is it really that simple?
On this week’s episode of the Retirement Solutions Show, we discuss the realities of investing in the stock market.
- Human involvement accounts for the majority of market losses.
- “Forgetful Investors Performed Best” (Fidelity study mentioned by Ryan)
- Steady pace wins the race.
Other topics discussed in this episode:
- [9:40] How to guard against exhausting your nest egg.
- [21:37] A Texas man is getting attention for planning to spend his retirement in a Holiday Inn – what does this say about long-term care in retirement?
- [24:12] Tax-savings ideas you could be taking advantage of.
- [36:48] Simplifying estate planning.
- [46:25] Money questions to ask before deciding if you’re ready to retire.
Never miss an episode!
Get new episodes delivered straight to your inbox each week.