Ten years ago, on March 9, 2009, we saw the bottom of the 2007-2009 bear market. It was the beginning of the end of the financial crisis.
Since then, many of us have seen our retirement portfolios grow substantially.
On this episode of the Retirement Solutions Show, we share lessons we should take away from the 2008 financial crisis.
What we learned from the 2008 financial crisis:
- Learn how to capture your gains.
- Utilize safe strategies and risk strategies.
- Stress-test your portfolio to see if it could withstand another market crash.
- Uncover your Risk Tolerance.
Other topics discussed in this episode:
- [8:30] What should investors pay attention to in the news?
- [10:15] The cost of waiting to act on your finances.
- [18:10] Steps to take when you’re 10 years, 5 years, 1 year, and 3 months away from retirement.
- [32:00] How to let go of doubt and fear when retirement planning.
- [47:40] What sort of factors to consider as you think about where you want to live in retirement.